Having trouble making your USB mouse or keyboard work? Here are some steps to take to troubleshoot the issues.
- Unplug the device from your machine that is not working
- Restart your machine
- Sign In (if your keyboard is the device that is not working, see note below)
- Reconnect the device and wait to see if your computer auto reinstalls the device drivers as required
- If nothing happens, try plugging the device into a different USB port/slot. (The problem may be the actual port)
- If nothing happens when connecting to a different port, then the issue most likely lies with the device itself and may require replacing.
If it is your keyboard that does not work, use the onscreen keyboard option, you can find this on the login screen. Select the Ease of Access icon on the bottom right-hand corner of your login screen and enable the “On-screen Keyboard”.