You may have a need to use your home printer when remote working. This will require you to connect your workstation/laptop to the printer.
Here are some steps to try adding the printer manually.
- Ensure the printer is connected to your home WIFI (Please refer to the user manual for your printer, as each printer is different)
- Connect the computer you are working on, to the same WIFI. (The workstation and printer need to be on the same network in order to talk to each other)
- Press Start
- Start typing “Control panel”
- Select “Hardware and Sound” (please note, do not select “add a device” as this will scan for anything on the same network
- Select “View Devices and Printers”
- Select “Add a printer” (This will scan for only Printers on the same Wi-Fi )
If the Computer and the printer are on the same WIFI you will be able to select the printer from here
- Select your Printer and select next
Your printer will now be installed to your computer
You will be given the option to “Test print page”. You can do this to make sure everything is working as it should.
Right-click on the printer just added and select “Set as default” so other applications know what printer needs to be used